Monday, March 3, 2014

Food Selection ReFocus

Post Number: 149
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 44/25 of 69 (Goal: 30/39)
     KimKins Refocus: Day 1 of 3
     Pedometer Reading: - {Replaced but not set up. It is MIA after confronting a toddler}
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: None Scheduled
     M-W's Word of the DayDecoct

I started the day with a simple idea where my food was concerned. I am going to refocus my food selection efforts on Kimkins for just three days. After that three days, I will evaluate how well I am doing in terms of the ease of the process and how my body feels. If I can truly refocus for three days, I might be able to stretch it into four or five. If I cannot focus for three days, then I need to evaluate what successes I had and redesign my food selection around those.

With that in mind, how did I do on Day 1 of my Kimkins Refocus? Horrible. Stupendous failure. But at least I was paying attention to what was going on as I went down in flames. Breakfast was great. Missed lunch. Early dinner. I did have one small sandwich cookie at church. I don't think that was a problem. But when I was home, getting the ingredients out for dinner, I nibbled on pieces of cookies and some pretzels. That was the beginning of the end. Because I reached the point where half a bagel didn't seem to make matter worse.

To make matters better, my goal for today is to make sure that there is no initial goof. Again, the one solo cookie I don't believe was an issue. The launch of a series of nibbles was a problem. A piece of chocolate chip cookie broken off of the round edge to create a near-crescent about an inch and a half long. But that was in the midst of a dozen pretzels. I couldn't stop there so I gave up. That's when I ate the half bagel. I cannot give up. And I cannot start down that path. With that in mind, I am going to observe tomorrow while working to achieve the restoration of sublime levels of success.

Yours in the need for restoring success with updated motivations and strengthened focus,

Eliot

P.S.:

No comments:

Post a Comment