Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bidding the Y Adieu

Post Number: 146
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 33/36 of 69 (Goal: 30/39)
     Pedometer Reading:  - {Pedometer clip broken}
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: At the Y -
          Recumbent Elliptical Machine
               20 minutes & 2.92 miles @  Level 10
          Swam Laps (12 laps, 600 yards)
     M-W's Word of the DayPlaintiff

Bitter day yesterday. Last day at the Y. I pushed harder than I have ever pushed. I was amazed at how exhausting upping the level on the elliptical from 8 to 10 was. And then I added in two laps to my swim. They were quite difficult as well. And then I said my good-byes. I will miss the swimming and some of the staff, but not much else. I have yet to try out the DVDs I picked up from the library a week ago. And with Horse and Squirrel here, I doubt I'll get to it today or tomorrow. But there was the added exercise of working on the garage. This added much clutter to my closet that included shirts I have shrunk into and additional shirts to shrink further to be able to fit into. This effort also added much clutter to the area I had worked to clear for my exercise area, between my bed and television. I re-decluttered the exercise area. That was certainly exercise. Fortunately, much of the boxes and items in the garage are now in aisles. Squirrel did most of the work on that front. Which he had to because I could hardly move after my work out.

Eating started well and continued well for quite some time. But the physical exertion and lack of sleep ganged up on me to make lunch and the snacks later in the afternoon poor choices. The only source of hope is that I ate small portions.

But today is weigh in at Weight Watchers. Today is the moment of truth. How badly did I leave behind my weight loss in preference for enjoyable but poor food choices.

We shall see.

Yours in the hope of only a little damage done,

Eliot

P.S.: Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. - Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment