Thursday, March 6, 2014

Turn Around, Bright Eyes

Post Number: 152
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 40/29 of 69 (Goal: 30/39)
     Pedometer Reading: 2752
     Meetings Attended: Missed Weight Watchers
     Exercise Completed: None
     M-W's Word of the DaySoothsayer

Most of the day was spent in seeking out jobs to apply for. I found some that were right down my alley. I found more that were only a little way off. I worked on these for quite awhile. But then around 4 pm, I switched over to playing an SNES Emulator that I recently downloaded. I enjoyed the opportunity to veg. Now, if I had eaten more veggies, I would have had a better day. But there were several successes. I have a chocolate stash that has been building for the last several months. All of the chocolate has been given to me. I only ate a few small pieces off of one of the bars. I made a grilled meat and cheese sandwich and ate only half. The other half going to my daughter. While I did eat more quantity than was comfortable a couple times. I did stop eating at the point of discomfort rather than continuing one to feeling indigestion like I did yesterday. The two hardest parts of my food selection right now are (1) picking the healthier options {ETNTM has been weakened} and (2) tracking as I go. I have had the most difficult time tracking these last couple days. Most of my tracking is no longer occurring as I eat but well after I eat. This means I need to rely on my memory. And I wonder if I am my recorded points are lower than reality.

Part of that reality is that I still have great hope. I have come down 87 pounds already. I am most fearful of how much weight I will put on until I manage to refocus my efforts. And without the support group at Weight Watchers, it will be difficult. Relying on OA provides a different support system, but the only one I will have left outside of the family. The distinction for me is that Weight Watchers is the mental, intellectual, and emotional support. OA is the spiritual and emotional support. In spite of this counterproductive fear and loss of the one channel of support, I am still hopeful that progress, in the long-term, will absolutely be achieved. We shall see.

And now I must see to my day. I located several jobs to apply for. I started tailoring the resumes. Now I need to get them finished and out the proverbial door. And after those applications for the direct hit and nearly direct hits to my experience are completed, I need to locate the subsistence positions. I need to locate something. I need to turn around my economical and physical situations.

Turn around, bright eyes. . .

Yours in the hope of the successes of today leading to the greater joys of tomorrow,

Eliot

P.S.:
A wonderful bird is the Pelican.
His beak can hold more than his belly can.
He can hold in his beak
Enough food for a week!
But I’ll be darned if I know how the hellican.

She smiled the day that I met her
And had eyes that said 'love' with four letters
And she carried the day
As I thought of the way
I'd done worse but I've never had better

Source: Clean Limericks

I don't know where this one comes from. I should Google it to see if I can find a definitive source -

A limerick packs jokes anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But good ones I've seen,
So seldom are clean,
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

And a quick turn of my hand at the art form -

This man be praised from Virginia
Whose wife asked, "Would you please thin ya?"
His weight knew some ups
More downs pleased the grups
And so he worked to contin-ya

Okay, it needs some help. Let's call it a work in progress. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment