Saturday, September 28, 2013

*CLUNK* : The sound of my jaw dropping (Evaluation: Week 5)

Last Weigh In: Saturday, 28 September 2013
Weight Information -
      Weight: 444.4 lbs
      Weight Change This Week: -6.8 lbs
      Weight Change To Date: -8.8 lbs
      Weight Gauge: *CLUNK* (See today's title)

Current Goals -
     Number Goal: 430 lbs
     Distance to Goal: 14.4 lbs
     Feel Good Goal: Not freak out over work to get out of house
     Distance to Goal:
          A little closer since the deadline was extended to October 31, 2013
          A little farther because we have yet to hear back on any rental applications
          Net Result: Feeling better about getting things done
     The Y: Go to the Y two times next week.
     Distance to Goal: It's on the calendar and MBWM will be taking a class while I swim.
     Weight Watchers:
          Use the paper tracker every day this week including calcualting points
          Make a meal plan with the PPV's worked out for two days
          Use 56 for my daily points target
          Avoid using the 49 weekly points. Daily points have 15 left over. That's 105 per week.
          Attend at least two Regular meetings this week, most likely Thursday and Saturday
     Distance to Goal: This is gonna be a great week
     Overeaters Anonymous: Attend two meetings this week
     Distance to Goal: Made 1 last week. I will make two this week.

EVALUATION:
There was much joy in Mudville today. I did not strike out. I expressed the common consent of reason yesterday when I expected to gain weight. Now I am in awe. I am charged. I will listen to my body's expressions of fullness. I will choose wisely the nutritious points. I will enjoy the food prepared for my sustenance. This willingness to charge forward is the reward that comes from having stuck to things this far. I will reward myself with non-caloric options. I may still stress in the days ahead, but I now know, by the confirmation of experience, that I can survive stress, choose well, and lose weight.

IVCUFI:
I have found the way (IV) for this last week: 
There is a poem that we use in the house, usually in reference to chores, that I think applies to this situation:
Stick to the task 'till it sticks to you,
Beginners are many but enders are few.
Honor, power, place, and praise
Will come in time to the one who stays. 
Stick to the task 'till it sticks to you,
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it, too.
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile,
Will come life's victory after awhile.
I have seized the road (CU) for the most part for this last week:
In this case, while I have not been as thorough as I could have been, I have been mindful for my tasks when losing weight. Looking towards the feeling of being full. Mentally measuring points, even if I don't calculate them exactly and record them. 

As for enjoying the journey (FI) for this last week:
I have only enjoyed the success at the end. Sometimes, the destination, not the journey, provides the enjoyment. Biking a steep hill, for example, is a chore that finds me joyful only in the conquering of the hill. I'll admit, for most of this week, I was whipping myself mentally for the lack of thorough follow though by calculating and tracking my points.


Post Number: 26
Days of Tracking: 1/1
Days of Points Calculated: 1/1

Good Idea: Avoid BLT's - Bites, Licks, and Tastes.
Explanation: Robin, our Weight Watchers leader said she watched a documentary that followed a woman (wife and mother) as she went through her day. She was tracking her calories and not a part of Weight Watchers. They calculated her calories she hadn't tracked from her bites, licks and tastes. They ended up totaling 3600 calories. That is the equivalent of one pound of weight. I mentioned that I have an apron that reads, "Never trust a skinny cook." But they end up that way because of the BLT's.

How 'bout that? My weight is all 4's. I look forward to reaching all 3's. And then all 2's. And then I shall be truly able to literally jump for joy. But that is the long-range goals. This week, it is simple. (The KISS technique - Keep It Simple, Sweetie.) Simple goals. Simple actions. Simple joys. I feel a song coming on:
Simple Gifts
'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free
     'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
     'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
     To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
     Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.
But above all, I need to take to heart, take to task, and take to the mountain tops of my challenges this week, the theme of the poem, Stick to the Task. I need to be persistent, determined, and most especially focused. And continuing the idea of persistence described in the Stick to the Task poem, I add the words of determination and the pictures focus found in the Zen Pencils comic, Press On.

But the time is late and tomorrow is the most important day of the week.

Yours in the bubbly excitement of success,

Eliot

P.S.: 
Worry does not empty tomorrow of it's sorrow; it empties today of it's strength. - Corrie ten Boom

Now, if I could believe this and live this fully, my life would become a merging of simplicity and persistence.

Point of Trivia: President Abraham Lincoln started the Secret Service on the day he was assassinated.

NOTES
Weight Watchers, Saturday, September 28, 2013

Tracking helps you to lose weight, maintain weight loss, and get valuable feedback about eating patterns.

How did your lunch choices impact you this week? (Learned that this is this month's theme)
  • Lets me know what I have available in points for dinner
  • Planning gives options for tomorrow
  • Deciding is the hardest part
  • Good Health Guidelines met (Need to learn how this works within Weight Watchers. This gets back to my comments about picking foods whose point value provides the most nutrition.)
  • Good Health Guideline example: 2 teaspoons of healthy oils, such as olive, flax, canola, ...
  • Do not discount lunch
Passed around a 5 pound weight. Visualize the heft of weight loss. Visualize success.

Imagine: A camera crew secretly filmed you. 24 hours a day. Every day. For the last 12 weeks. For a documentary on food choices. Title: You are what you eat

Would your film be?
  • An Inspiring Success Story
  • A Cautionary Tale
  • A Comedy
  • Something Else
Comments:
  • Comedy - especially when eating out
  • Dromedy - Choose between the fiber breakfast cereal and frosted sugar cocoa bombs. Pick the cocoa bombs. Audience is yelling, "Don't eat that" (That was MBWM's comment)
  • Mystery - The clues are there, but don't figure it out
  • Horror film
How is your tracker like your documentary on food choices?
  • It's fiction
  • It shows what I've eaten
  • What does it teach you about how, why and when you eat, and how these factors influence your choices?
  • Not just a food plan
  • Look for power foods
  • Track everything eaten (see poem below)
  • Losing weight, you're within points
  • Don't lose focus, always track, attend meetings, or weight will come back because old habits return
  • Facing a decision (like a bear claw), I don't want it. It's not worth it. 
  • Don't start with a bad decision. Once you start, one is not enough
What are you 100% committed to doing this week?
  • Pick something reasonable
  • Pick something you can do that is something you will do

If you snack it, you track it;
If you bite it, you write it;
If you nibble, you scribble;
If you take it internal, you journal;
If you drink it, you link it;
And if you hog it, you log it.

No comments:

Post a Comment