Thursday, September 5, 2013

What Happened to Yesterday?

Post Number: 11
Days of Tracking: 0
Goal Met (partially): Attended the Y, 1 of 3

So imagine my surprise when I climb into bed yesterday and I realized two things. One, I hadn't tracked a single food item. And two, I hadn't written my blog. While the latter is not very worrisome, the former must be attended to. I just wonder if they are related somehow. Maybe a psychiatrist could make the connection between those two events and not being given a puppy when I was a kid.

What made not blogging about yesterday something of a surprise was that it was a milestone. I have officially left my position at ITT as yesterday was my last day. I kept thinking I would feel some form of sadness or melancholy. But I am moving onward to a better and, hopefully, smaller life. Maybe that has buoyed my spirits.  Maybe I will have a delayed reaction. Either way, there was plenty to keep me busy. Errands to run, kids to get places, tasks to complete.

And above and beyond the scheduled events, the toilet plugging up didn't help matters. And making matters worse, the cause may have been my new roommates. And as a last step in resolving the issue, the plumbers turned on the faucet in the kids' bathroom to run water down the pipes. And when they went back in later, they discovered that trap was missing so the water was running all over the bathroom. I have to say I am rather pleased that I only got a little growl of anger escaped from among my seething thoughts. And I am also pleased that when MBWM texted to ask what I wanted from Arctic Circle, I texted back, "Sleep." The thinking process is engaged now and then. It just need to remain engaged, especially where tracking is concerned.

And so tracking needs to be an every meal, snack, or drink experience. I know it will pay off in the end. So I forgive myself this one hiccup and move on. On to my Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow. I don't expect success tomorrow. I have failed to plan. But I have a small measure of success in making it through a stress-filled, event-filled, milestone of a week and managed to track 6 out of 7 days.

Grateful for the successes on the path towards perfection,

Eliot

P.S.: Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door. Build a low calorie, low fat burger as yummy as the original, and McDonald's will still be the most popular fast-food chain in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment