Monday, September 9, 2013

Rise and Shine

Post Number: 14
Days of Tracking: 2/2

So I debated not making my entry today. That would throw off the correlation of no tracking/no blogging. But since it would be intentional, it wouldn't really count against the correlation. And to top it all off, today is the first day of the first week of my new life. Planned, prepared, and ready to go.

Tracking the points is always eye opening. A single graham cracker is 2 points. A seemingly small and innocent breakfast burrito, 15 points. I may have added up that second one improperly. But popcorn is reasonable (mini-bag microwave popcorn, 3 points), so I am enjoying myself there. Today's surprise, rice and raisins. The sugar brings up the point count quickly. One cup of brown rice is already 5 points. The sugar brings it up at 1 point per tablespoon. And it's all good; it's retraining the brain.

I want to give a special shout out to my GE150 - Survey of the Sciences classes, one and all. First, for donating their science books. I put them to work in an informal home teaching class today. Thank you for the resources. I'm not being paid so it's nice to be able to offer the books without putting too much of a burden on the students. They will be paying for the experiments, after all. My second thank you is for providing me the experience to be able to quickly and easily put together a curriculum. And a third thank you directed at my latest class  for the continued page views. They're still going up. Because of this support and the encouragement of others, I have really enjoyed being able to stay in teaching mode, especially within science. Who knows, maybe I can become an itinerant teacher. I hope not. That sounds very busy and rather low paid. But I am hoping this will lead to network contacts and consulting opportunities. We shall see.

Today has been a good day.

Joyfully yours,

Eliot

P.S.: September 19th is quickly coming up. It is National Talk Like A Pirate Day. I need everyone to gear up for it. In honor of that preparation, I offer you this cartoon: That New Carl Smell - 9/8/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment