Monday, November 18, 2013

Breath Deep

Post Number: 44
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 50 of 71 (Goal: 21)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: None Scheduled

There are two ideas I am trying to concentrate on while going through my day that will assist with my well-being. The first is the Weight Watchers Routine of putting down the fork and sipping water between bites. I tired this for breakfast Saturday. It work very well. If it wasn't for the fact that the last little bit of food on my plate was bacon, I probably wouldn't have finished my breakfast. I didn't manage to do the pause technique for any other meals yesterday, so I wrote up a sticky note to remind me and placed it on my Pocket Guide. Hopefully, it will help for my meals on Monday. We shall see.

We shall also see how well my other concern is progressing. I am trying hard, and have been working off and on for a couple months now, to recognize that most people don't have my sense of time or timing. I tend to know how much time has passed. That's my sense of time. I tend to know how much time an activity is likely to take. That's my sense of timing. I was very snippy several times when I recognized well ahead of everyone that we were unlikely to get to bed early. That had been my hope. It was difficult not to get more ticked and put out as the day wore on and more time wasting activities were keeping the family from being on my schedule. I need to breath deep. This does three things. First, breathing deep takes up more time. Second, breathing deep gives me more time to put my thoughts on the right direction. And third, breathing deep gives my emotions a chance to burst against the breakers and dissipate. Explaining the time things take and the necessity for alacrity hasn't helped yet. One day, maybe I'll figure out how to not only remain calm concerning the time things take (when they are taking far too long), but also find a way to explain timing in a meaningful way. That was, we'll meet in the middle.

But the middle of the day moves on towards the end. So I will end this entry here.

Take care of yourself. No one knows better what that feels like than you do.

Your reporter in the field,

Eliot

P.S.: "A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad." - Arnold H. Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment