Thursday, November 14, 2013

Simple Formula for Weight Loss Success: Get Busy, Get Broke, Lose Weight

Post Number: 40
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 39 of 71 (Goal: 15)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Meetings Attended: Weight Watchers
     Exercise Completed: Aquatics at the Y

WARNING: Rapid-fire thought association.

Yesterday was completely filled with rushing about. Rushed off to Aquatics class, where I overworked myself a little. I was incredibly excited and filled with lots of warm fuzzies. MBWM even noticed my enthusiasm to be out with her.

Then to Dr. De Melo's Office to help MBWM recover. She is a wonderful chiropractor (See her Facebook, Yelp, Penny Saver, and Maximized Living pages). If I could afford it, MBWM and I and all the kids would be seeing her 2 or 3 times a week. Unfortunately, we're down to just MBWM and just once a month. I really feel for her business. It appears, although I don't know this from Dr. De Melo directly, that her business is off. If her business is off and that decrease is an extension of others I know whose similar businesses are off, it is an unintended consequence of the Affordable Care Act. Namely, customers aren't sure how things work so they have cut back until they figure things out.

Then off to Fred Meyers for a short list of items, which grew as mental reminders alerted us to other missing items. Fortunately, MBWM and I use our Fred Meyers card when shopping with our respective parents. This means we have quite a few fuel points and bank quite a few of reward points. We were able to get a needed steamer for only a few dollars.

Then home to divide and conquer. MBWM off to assist her parents. Me off to Weight Watchers. Another good meeting. Although the people running the meeting kept referring to the audience as ladies or girls. I was the only man there, but that's okay. We discussed plans for Thanksgiving and how to deal with the expectation of excessive foods at the dinner table, left-overs, food pushers, and other aspects of the holiday.

From there, it was running Asian Red Fox to several activities, taking care of dinner, and the general busy-ness of running the final errands. Suddenly, it was 8:30 at night, a long list of things were completed, a short list of things were pushed to tomorrow, and I was exhausted. I did manage to keep mostly on program with my food selection by eating only meats and permissible veggies. I did nibble some chips that showed up for lunch. But I calculated the points. And they only have 9 grams of carbs. Not a good snack choice, but I am still hopeful. After all, look at the points remaining from yesterday.

So the lesson from yesterday for Weight Loss Success?
  1. Make and meet a busy schedule
  2. Have diet-friendly foods waiting in the fridge (Okay, left-overs, really)
  3. Be thoroughly broke to not be tempted by fast food (Okay, I have money in the bank, but I have more in unpaid bills than I have in the bank. I consider that broke.)
Result: Day completed including exercise and meeting with very little eaten.

Hopefully, I will be able to expound upon other avenues of success to have a multifaceted program of healthy habits. We shall work towards that end.

Yours in the mental bounce of successful effort to abate the physical lack of bounciness,

Eliot


P.S.:
Here comes Thanksgiving: Watch what you gobble so you don't end up with a waddle.

P.P.S.: I've typed up my notes and included them in the entry concerning the Evaluation of Week 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment