Saturday, November 16, 2013

Finish with a Bang

Post Number: 42
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 26 of 71 (Goal: 15)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: Replaced Aquatics Class with 5 laps (250 yards) of swimming

I wanted to hit 100% of my activities with a bang. There was only one activity left to hit 100%, the aquatics class at the Y. But, to tell the truth, I didn't actually want to hit 100% yet. I was okay with 7 out of 8 (87.5%) meetings and activities completed. I wanted to hit 100% at some later time. But to overcome the mental malaise, I chose to do laps instead of the class. That would mean I hit the 100% with a bang. MBWM was called away to a variety of responsibilities for her parents, which aided in the choice to swim laps. Met a neat lifeguard named Zack. He said my form looked good. It helps that I worked my way up to Red Cross Lifeguard. Didn't complete that level, but I reached it by completing everything else ahead of it. I was bummed to be there without MBWM, but I was hopeful that there would be less joint pain and more muscle exhaustion than the aquatics class. That would actually be less of a bang (physically) than the numerical bang mentioned before. And it turns out, my hopes came to fruition. I am interested in comparing the last time I did laps to this time. Last time, I did two laps and took three days to recover.

MBWM spent most of the day on parents'-induced errands. I was looking forward to working with her in getting the kitchen finally set up. It was a good thing for my body that she hadn't come home to work on the house. My muscles were stiff and sore. By the time she arrived home, I had gotten next to nothing done myself because of computer issues that ended up needing quite a bit of attention. So much so, she had been home for nearly an hour before I actually saw her. That rather deflated my enthusiasm around being able to see her, especially since the computers needed more babying than a colicky baby. But she did spend time with me. She read my blog on her phone, catching up with a couple months worth of reading. Apparently, I am in need of some editing in numerous prior entries. Quite a bit of editing. I was thrilled to hear that. This will give me a reason to pull her aside and spend some time with her. And if we start today, which is doubtful, my body will be thrilled with the additional lack of exertion.

My brain doesn't seem to need much exertion when it comes to thinking on things, like MBWM. All the while I was writing this, I have had a song running through my head that I had to share: "Make Someone Happy" by Jimmy Durante. I hope I do make her happy. Or at least, more happy than I make her frustrated. Because anyone out there reading this, who has been in a relationship, knows there is frustrations with the pleasures in maintaining an ongoing relationship.

One of the pleasures we had recently was discussing movies. While having fun talking about movies with Asian Red Fox, MBWM mentioned, "That Thing You Do." I mentioned "Benny and Joon." While searching through come DVD boxes last night, I found the second one. Plus an old favorite of mine from way back when, "The Last Starfighter." Didn't find the first movie, but two should be enough for a movie night tonight. And movie night serves a purpose other than entertainment and relaxation. We are a family that believes in fasting. We fast for two meals once a month, dinner and breakfast. Not my personally preferred technique of fasting through breakfast and lunch, but it's easier on the younger members of the family that fast. As soon as church is over, we break our fasts. We dedicate our fasts right after lunch. Wrap up the day's chores early. And then switch to movie night. That helps keeps their minds off of food. I don't need the assistance. Fasting for a purpose makes fasting very meaningful for me. I will have to expound on the various forms of fasting I perform later. But tonight, the performances are from the actors while we enjoy their fruits.

Yours in the hopeful fruits of a change towards a healthier life and more enjoyable lifestyle,

Eliot

P.S.: I have heard numerous times, what goes up, must come down. When is that going to apply to my weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment