Monday, December 30, 2013

A Little Euphoria Added to Life when a Little Down

Post Number: 85
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 62 of 71 (Goal: 31) - Day Spent Fasting
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 4525
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: None Scheduled
     M-W's Daily Word: Saponaceous

A.S.:
Happy New Years Adam!

The euphoria of Saturday was a source of strength in getting through Sunday. The boost from the euphoria bolstered me through food decisions, public interactions, and much more. That is not to say that I was in a state of elation throughout the day. The internal elation benefited me and those around me on numerous instances to keep me from descending into negative expressions. Sunday was a difficult day for a multiplicity of reasons. My fast was one of the more difficult fasts I've done in awhile, but it was too important to end it early. I am incredibly grateful that I didn't go overboard when I broke my fast. And I stayed away from the goodies when the treat plates were being assembled. And while there are plenty of reasons to make yesterday difficult, Murphic and otherwise, I am grateful that I was able to put the day behind me.

One of the exciting aspects of today is posting my article. Look for it later today. I have shortened it to be more readable and spread the information across multiple entries. I believe that will help author and reader alike. I have decided to call the series of articles: Expansionist Knowledge. Expansionism is the belief that a country should expand its borders to increase its size. This policy showed itself in American history in the form of manifest destiny. But this isn't a vocabulary lesson or a history lesson. This is a science lesson with a goal of expanding everyone's knowledge, including the author's. And of course, I hope to the knowledge I present is expansionist while the waist line is contraction-ist.

Now, to launch today into the get work of returning to my healthy practices. The Y awaits.

Yours in the joys of yesterday and tomorrow when it's dark today,

Eliot

P.S.: Check out this pick-me-up, my Weight Watchers awards:

They are, from right counter-clockwise to the left:
  • Golden sixteen week Stay and Succeed clapping hands award
  • Steel colored 25 pounds lost washer award
  • Copper colored 50 pounds lost washer award
  • Copper color 10% weight loss key chain award
They hang on a hook on my computer desk where it is easy to see them.

As for future number hurdles, my next three number goals as of Saturday's weigh in are:
  1. 15% weight loss at 385.2 pounds in 12.6 pounds
  2. Able to use our bathroom scale at 380.0 pounds in 17.8 pounds, 5.2 pounds after previous goal
  3. 75 pounds lost at 378.2 pounds in 19.6 pounds, 1.8 pounds after previous goal
I find these numbers exciting. First of all, 12.6 pounds is achievable. Second of all, within an additional 7.0 pounds, I will hit three exciting goals. Now I rarely use our home scale. The numbers have been known to distract me. It's just the idea that if I want to know my weight, the scale will be available.

Since Weight Watchers doesn't offer a unique 15% award, I am planning on asking for three 5% stickers for my weight log. And the bathroom scale will receive a Bravo. The 75 pounds lost is another washer and the second to last award Weight Watchers has available. The last one being 100 pounds lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment