Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Starting the Search for Inner Strength

Post Number: 73
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 59 of 71 (Goal: 31)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 5450
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: Swim Laps at the Y (4 laps, 200 yards)

Actually, for exercise, I completed ten laps. I swam four laps in the pool. I water-jogged for three laps. And then I completed three laps in the hot tub. I wanted to have more of a workout for my legs. I used a couple of the techniques I learned in the Aquatics class but in the deeper pool. My legs felt the workout while my knees and ankles did not. It was interesting because I would push hard through most of a lap. And near the end of the lap I would increase the intensity. There was enough of a flow of water coming up behind me that I was fighting a current to return back the way I come. And then to benefit my muscles, I floated in the hot tub. Since no one was there, I pushed off of one end and floated the ten to twelve feet to the other end. My muscles have been complaining, but not as much. My right knee is complaining, but that's from a slick spot of ice while getting out of my car. Which sent a small chill of fear through me. Because not only did I slip, but my car was slowly sliding down my driveway, in park with the parking break on. Once the tires were off the ice of my driveway and on the cement, it stopped sliding. I don't recommend this type of scare of getting your pulse up.

Another scare is that my appetite has been rather missing the last two days (Monday and Tuesday). Sunday it was back and in fine form, causing me no end of opportunities to be realize my body has plenty of cravings waiting to be honored. And they are all clamoring at once. I will have to think on this some more, so I can have the inner strength necessary for long term success. But for now, I am moving on to today's events.

Yours and only MBWM's,

Eliot

P.S.:
I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

Wait! But not that strong!! - Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment