Saturday, December 14, 2013

Making More Progress than Congress

Post Number: 70
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 60 of 71 (Goal: 31)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 3855
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled, Attended Weight Watchers
     Exercise Completed: Missed Swimming Laps

Well, imagine my delight when I learned I had lost 9.8 pounds this week. And it was a 6 day week. This makes me excited for next week because I will have 8 days to lose 3.8 pounds. If I do that, I will clear 50 pounds of weight loss. While I did clear the 10% weight loss mark this week, neither the staff at Weight Watchers nor I noticed that fact. I figured it out once I was almost home because I was calculating how far to the 50 pounds lost mark. And then I remembered that I clear incremental percentage marks (5%, 10%, etc.) ahead of the 25 pound increments (25 lb, 50 lb, etc.). This inspires me to make my goal of hitting every single scheduled visit to the Y and nail the food targets I have set. If I can lose that 3.8 pounds, I will get the 10% award and the 50 pound award in the same week. Robin may well be displeased with the rate of weight loss, but she's the only Weight Watchers leader that has mentioned the unhealthy rate of weight loss. But as I've described before, I have to chose between losing weight at an unhealthy rate or maintaining my morbid obesity longer.

The rest of the morning went well, but there was a little snag. I was supposed to have a conference call some time this afternoon and ended up sitting by both of my phones. prepped and ready, for a couple hours. The call never came. I should have thrown in the towel sooner. I would have had time to hit the Y. But as it was, there was just enough time to get to the living nativity that was being displayed last night.

No worries. I'm not sure that I could have made more than a lap or two for as weak as I'm feeling. Towards that end, I forced myself to eat more food this evening. Hopefully it will lead to more energy tomorrow. I may need it since we are heading out to the new Kuna Ridley's for the Grand Opening, the Kuna Down Home Christmas and other events. It promises to be a fun-filled busy day.

Yours in the improvements that make life better,

Eliot

P.S.: Talking on the phone to someone who has kids is like talking to someone with Tourettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment