Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas Abel!

Post Number: 82
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: ? of 71 (Goal: 31) - Didn't Track
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 2531
     Meetings Attended: Weight Watchers Closed for Christmas
     Exercise Completed: The Y Closed for Christmas

Merry Christmas Abel!

Because Abel after Adam and Eve. Plus, we are all able to enjoy the Spirit of Christmas even after the stocking are empty, the wrapping paper is in the trash, and the Christmas goose is chilling in plastic storage containers. And no, there is no Christmas Cain. Anyone with two or more kids and spanking, new toys knows all too well the Cain that is raised when overly insistent sharing kicks in.

While yesterday's post was short and sweet, I wanted to include just a few of links that started my Christmas -
  1. For Christmas: 
  2. For MBWM: Wise men say only fools rush in
As a quick review of two days ago, I discovered the hard way that the Y was closed on Christmas Eve. I had packed up all of the kids and their swim gear only to discover a nearly empty parking lot and a sign confirming closure on the door. And while I was on track to reach OA, that smooth flow of my day was interrupted by the process of getting the kids out the door. When it was sorted out and the mess cleaned up, there was no way I was going to make it to OA. Eating went fairly well. I did eat a few things I wish I hadn't, but I didn't stress over it. Last minute Christmas shopping with the kids for MBWM's present from them at Wal Mart at 2 in the afternoon on Christmas Eve was stressful enough. But the wife and mother of the S Family needs gifts for Christmas. Well, that's my, opinion anyway.

Amazingly enough, my Christmas morning didn't start until almost 8:00 am. The whole family was up late the night before making preparations for Christmas. And MBWM and I were up even later. It was wonderful spending Christmas with the family. Christmas was slow to start and slow to get through. And then the rest of the day went so slow, we barely made it through two movies. I was thrilled with my presents, thoughtfully selected by MBWM. I was even more thrilled with MBWM's reaction to my gift for her.

As for the food selections, I did very poorly. I started out on track. I skipped the cinnamon rolls and ate a sensible breakfast. For lunch, we pulled out our traditional meat, cheese, and crackers platters. While I ate slowly and drank lots of water, I still ate more than I should have. And the meat and cheese were high fat. My kids insisted on sharing some of their chocolate with me. The four pieces of chocolate I ate made me queasy. I skipped dinner but I did have a snack of four chicken nuggets to be able have something slightly more sensible.

This eating puts me in fear of my weigh in and my goal of passing into the 300 pound range with only two days of careful eating available. We shall see. If I don't make it, that is okay. I gave myself permission not to stress over the food I've eaten. And I will be certain to pass into that range soon enough. Whether this week or next, when I do pass into the 300's, it will be the joyful start to the New Year. And while the New Year is a wonderful opportunity for making changes, I've already started. So I am going to enjoy myself a little more this next week while not worry about any resolutions. I've already made the mental transition to the First of January quite some time ago.

And with that, I hope everyone, one and all, managed to enjoy their Christmas celebrations.

Take care. Be well. Rest deep.

Eliot

P.S.: This link is in case you ever wanted to know How to Build a Nuclear Submarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment