Friday, December 6, 2013

This is Not the Breakfast of Weight Watcher's Champions


Post for Friday -
Post Number: 62
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 39 of 71 (Goal: 21)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 1363 (paused)
     Meetings Attended: Missed Overeaters Anonymous
          Felt too queasy to eat lunch and dinner, so I was already not overeating
     Exercise Completed: None Scheduled

Rather a slow start to the day personally, but it started with a quick caloric rush of a 29 point breakfast, dropping me to 42 points available for the rest of the day at the first meal. I've hit very near that number at the end of the day many times. And it meant only 21 points available if I was going to hit my personal goal of 21 unused points. I should have thought that one through. Ham, onion, tomato, and cheese omelette with bacon and sausage on the side. Those points clock up fast. Here's the breakdown of the points.
  • Less than 1 oz ham = 1 pt
  • 1 tablespoon of cheese = 1 pt
  • Onions and tomatoes = 0 pt
  • 3 eggs = 6 pts
  • Spray Oil twice = 1 pt (used in two pans, omelette and omelette insides)
Doing great to here nine points. I would have been six points if I had used my egg substitutes.
  • 5 pieces of bacon = 8 pts (the point value for 6 pieces, actually, but I didn't feel like enjoying the 6th once I determined the point value)
  • 4 links of sausage = 12 pts
  • Total for breakfast = 29 pts
It all started when MBWM asked for an omelette. I do so enjoy cooking for my family and omelettes are rather fun if the prep work is done. And we had some bacon and sausage for a visit from my mom that didn't happen. And next thing you know, diced a few veggies with the kids, heat up the stove, crack a few eggs, spray some oil, and I'm taking breakfast orders. Iguana asked for his eggs over easy. I mentioned that he probably wouldn't like them sunny side up. Jaguar asked what that meant, so I said I would show her while cooking Iguana's eggs. When I asked her what she wanted, she said, "daugh-ty side up". After all, if my son is having eggs son-ny side up, my daughter can have them daugh-ty side up. I showed her what sunny side up meant. Suddenly, scrambled eggs sounded good to her. Then someone reminder her about the omelette I was making for MBWM. Then it became time to take orders for all concerned.

My concerns for the day were mostly around my trying to get something worked out on my web page. What a disaster. I hope to find something that works soon. Not asking for much, but I paid for it. I want something out of it.

I didn't get anything out of the rest of the day in terms of food. I felt queasy. I ate a total of three more points, which is great for the daily total. But I didn't like feeling that queasy. And that's not really the best way to keep the points low. I still felt bad enough that I didn't go to my OA meeting.

But right now, it's time to get on with an exceptionally long day that involves:

  • All the kids to the Y for 
    • Swimming in the morning, 
    • Wellness coach appointments for the oldest three of us in the morning, 
    • Exercise machine classes for Asian Red Fox and Iguana later in the afternoon, 
  • A side trip for Asian Red Fox to seminary between events at the Y, 
  • Sewing class by MBWM
  • Mother-in-law;s Health & Welfare appointment for MBWM, and 
  • An evening date (long sigh) for just MBWM and me at a Christmas party. 

Blocked out in my phone's calendar, it's a complicated jumble including who has which car where. So, today's review of yesterday must needs be kept short.

Yours in the expectations of a day well served,

Eliot

P.S.: I've been thinking of trying the garlic diet. You many not lose weight, but you will looker thinner to other people from the additional distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment