Tuesday, December 3, 2013

When the Go Get 'Em Attitude Strikes, Work It!

Post Number: 59
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 31 of 71 (Goal: 21)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 4702 (paused)
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: Replaced Aquatics Class at the Y with swimming 4 laps (200 yards)

Oh my glorious heaven! My alarm woke me up. My bladder roused me out of bed. And then leg cramps brought me to the floor. Murphic Entropy was getting desperate, using my own body against me. And they were intense cramps. The muscles inside the thigh in both legs. But I was not about to be done in. I was up and running, okay hobbling (let's be honest, here) an hour and a half ahead of my departure time. MBWM wasn't feeling well and didn't attend the class. I continued on to the Y but did not attend the class. I could have, but I decided I wanted to work out my muscles and not my knees. I did four laps. And then I did five more. Of course, the second set of five laps were in the hot tub. I received some strange looks from people as I worked back and forth across the hot tub. But don't knock it. It was quite a work out in that hot tub: high heat, cross currents, and agitation (from the bubbles and the people).

The people in question were from the aquatics class. It was nice see them and talk with a few of them. From there, I made a direct, if slow, exit out of the Y. I had a neat exchange with a man in the locker room that I will save for the postscript. Tasks and chores were quite difficult today. One of the more difficult ones was picking up five gallon jugs of water. MBWM and I really do not like the water coming out of our tap. I mean really do not like the water. It falls under dislike, loathe, despise, and other synonyms. We purchased filtered water from WinCo. Then we added some liquid minerals we have readily available to increase the health content of the water. We are hoping that this will help cut down on some of the problems that have shown up since moving into the new house. Things like much more frequent leg cramps and the all-too-easy-to-taste chlorine in the water. We drink quite a bit of water, so I was somewhat concerned about making the water better for everyone.

Water was a blessing today. On my way to the Y, I swung by Jack-in-the-Box for a scrambled egg and sausage. A little higher in fat than I prefer, but I was feeling like splurging. I ordered a water to go with it. And then promptly forgot I had it. This was a blessing. When I came out from the Y, I was incredibly thirsty. And there, waiting for me in all it's healthy glory was a JiB cup with water. I was feeling quite blessed.

And though the feeling of being blessed waxed and waned throughout the day, I am grateful for what I have accomplished. And while I may have overdone it on the points a little today. I am going to do better tomorrow. So much better that it will be easy to hit a new low in the amount of points consumed.

Yours in the attitude of wanting to change things for the better,

Eliot

P.S.:
I entered the section of the locker room where my locker was. An older gentleman, who was nearly done changing, expressed his concern about his walker getting in my way. I said it wouldn't be in my way. When he was leaving the area of the locker room when I was just starting to put on clothing, he struck up a parting conversation.

He said, "I'll be on my way and out of your way."

I said, "Have a wonderful day."

He replied, "There's no reason why we shouldn't."

I quite agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment