Wednesday, December 11, 2013

SuperNova of Selfishness

Post Number: 67
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 62 of 71 (Goal: 31)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 3576
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: Missed exercise machines, moved to Thursday
          (There's a story here. Well... Not really.)

Yesterday opened with a heart-rending rejection that I was expecting. While I was expecting the rejection, I didn't expect the reason for the rejection. That came out of left field. And I was thoroughly surprised at how deeply it would pit my spirit, especially after finding out that it wasn't meant as a rejection. I knew I would have to make careful food decisions yesterday. I planned out all my meals right then and there. Only, my day was once again taken from me. That's the bad news. The good news? If you look, I ate a grand total of nine points. That was not intentional. I was away from home and from food. And when the days exertions finally returned me home, it was after 9 pm. Rather than make any food decisions, I chose to get a drink of water, take a shower, and go to bed. Good thing I have experience fasting. Going to bed hungry is okay.And while I was quite hungry when I went to bed, I awoke less hungry. I was ready to write yesterday off since it was really just one big supernova of selfishness. And I am sure my selfishness showed through to anyone that was within a 100 miles of it.

Yours in the better today ahead now that yesterday is behind,

Eliot

P.S.: I'll be giving pictures of my family for Christmas. They make great gifs.

P.P.S.: The story of missing laps comes about from the fact that my in-laws were being moved to their assisted living facility yesterday. While I insisted on bowing out, MBWM did have to inventory everything that was entering their room. That ended up taking hours, even though there wasn't much more than a dozen bins, boxes, and containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment