Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I Can't Go Far . . .

Post Number: 60
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 51 of 71 (Goal: 21)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 3257
     Meetings Attended: Overeaters Anonymous
     Exercise Completed: Postponed Bicycle machine until Friday to attend a meeting with a coach

Good day to take stock. Conversation at the OA meeting was first revolved around the power of meetings. Where we can come discuss our problems and know that other people understand us and don't judge us. Then it moved on to our relationship with our Higher Power to make changes in our life when we turn our will over to Him. I repeated one of my favorite quotes concerning prayer: "Pray as though everything depends on God. Work as through everything depends on you." And its true.

And while its true I was taking stock, I didn't come out feeling to good after taking stock of my finances. The good news. All of my bills are paid for the month. The bad news. I only have $16 to get through the month. It is a blessing to be in this financial situation, but I am not feeling blessed. It's difficult to see the blessing so little available, even after careful planning. Fortunately, I do have food stamps and an extensive food storage. I am not worried about feeding my family. And Christmas, well, my kids will get a little something, but they won't be able to get things for each other. They will have to make them. It will be a homemade Christmas. And that is a good thing as well. Getting to the Y, WW, or OA, across the valley in Boise from Kuna or even to my church down the street when the end of the month comes, that's another issue.

It doesn't say, "And it came to stay." It says, "And it came to pass." This too shall pass. Both the sense of melancholy I am experiencing and the low flow of funds. And there was also a low flow of food consumed, so it all balanced out anyway.

Yours in the joys that will come, joys built upon blessing I will actively look for today,

Eliot

P.S.: I can't go far but I am going farther. - Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment