Friday, December 20, 2013

First Meaningful Post Aborted

Post Number: 76
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 57 of 71 (Goal: 31)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 3625
     Meetings Attended: Overeaters Anonymous
     Exercise Completed:
          Scheduled - Clearing Entire Family Room of Boxes (moved to Monday)
          Completed - Cleaned out large portion of garage and home school room

This is Day One of the new, improved blog of significance. My opportunity to upgrade from personal journal to meaningful blog. What initial problem do I run into? What meaningful topic should I start with? I'm not really worried that it be a top ten winner. I just want something meaningful. The first thing I think of is the various meanings I have witnessed behind the words, "I'm sorry." I think I will come back to that idea. Instead, I am going with my second idea. The VeggieDaBody program I was using for awhile and will use for food selection once I am well into the 300 pound range. The Veggie part is from the (mostly) vegetarian diet. Da is from American Heart Association Dash Diet. And the Body portion of the title is from the Body for Life program. I have a file with all of the details worked out. But I cannot open it. I don't have PowerPoint installed on this computer. So, the details will have to wait.

I then wrote the following paragraph:
In the meantime, let's discuss a medical condition that is controlled with one of the most trusted categories of medications: Blood Pressure. Unlike some of the drugs for tackling modern American issues such as fighting cholesterol, BP meds have a long established history in America going back to the 1940's. And we know more about controlling blood pressure than at anything in history.
But this topic will have to wait along with the VeggieDaBody and other potential topics I have thought of just since starting this entry. Topics such as the Color Code Personality, Weight Loss Supplements, the Purpose Behind Other Health Supporting Supplements, Herbal Supplements versus the Modern American Medial Structure, and other ideas. These will have to wait because my time this morning to review yesterday's progress was interrupted by a leaking propane tank in the garage. Plus, it occurred to me that I can make a more meaningful entry by taking a week to write it out, think it through, and edit it down. So look for the Meaningful Entries to being in two Mondays on December 30, 2013.

In the meantime, enjoy your regularly scheduled journal,

Yours in the improvements that build a better me,

Eliot

P.S.: Never insult seven men when all you have is a six shooter. - Sherman T. Potter (MASH)

No comments:

Post a Comment