Sunday, December 8, 2013

Evaluate for Inspiration (Evaluation: Week 15)

Last Weigh In: Saturday, 7 December 2013

Weight Information -
  • Weight: 416.8 lbs
  • Weight Change This Week: -4.6 lbs
  • Weight Change To Date: -36.4 lbs
  • Weight Gauge: Yee-Haw!
  • BMI: 65.3 (down from 66.5 last week)
  • Daily PPV: 71 (unchanged)
  • PPV Used this Week: 206 out of 497
  • PPV Not Used this Week: 291 (58.6%)
Current Goals -
  • Number Goals
    • Weight: 408 lbs (8.8 lbs away, 10% weight loss)
    • BMI: Reach a value below 40.0 (25.3 away)
    • PPV Not Used this Week: 149 (Beat by 142)
  • Waist Goal: Lose one more available hole in belt (currently at 8)
  • Feel Good Goal: Set up the house. Get in the water with the kids
  • Physical Goal: Walk upright up the stairs of my house every time
  • The Y: Go to three aquatics classes and work on the bicycle machine once next week
  • Weight Watchers:
    • Make a meal plan with the PPV's worked out for two days
    • Use the paper tracker to record calculated points every day this week
    • Use 40 for my daily points instead of 71
    • Avoid using 49 weekly points. Daily points leave 31 available every day. This is up from 21. That's 217 left over points available per week
    • Attend two meetings this week. Scheduled for Wednesday and Saturday
  • Overeaters Anonymous: 
    • Attend two meetings this week. Scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday
    • Face up to Step 1
    • Read Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 of the AA Big Book
  • Sticky Notes
    • Be active for 5 minutes out of every sedentary hour
    • Put down the fork and sip water between bites
    • Light a candle when carb cravings hit
    • Get to Bed!
    • Removed: Kimkins onslaught this week
Evaluation:
  • Weight Watcher's Awards this week -
    • Bravo - for taking care of my Spaces
    • 5 lbs - for losing 5 more pounds
    • Stay and Succeed - for attending 16 classes (which I did it in 17 weeks)
  • Number Goals: Still moving in the right direction. Beginning to enjoy the quantity.
  • Waist Goal: Belt is still comfortable and effective at 8 available holes. 9 is ineffective. 7 is uncomfortable.
  • Feel Good Goal: Still working on  both feeling good and the goal that will help me feel good
  • Physical Goal: Quail, my toddlers, climbs stairs faster than I do..
  • The Y Goal: Learned which machines are the best for me and how to use them for calorie burning cardio. Switching to lap swims unless MBWM joins me. Looking for the cardio work outs on Tuesdays or Thursdays and eventually both.
  • WW Goal: 
    • Still need to make meal plan goal. 
    • 206 points consumed, 291 points unconsumed. That's 58.6% of my available points remained unused.
  • OA Goal: Still facing up to the spiritual challenge of Step Zero - Is this where I belong for the spiritual assistance I need?
    I made some changes. I lowered my personal daily point limit to 40 from 50. This shouldn't add any difficulty so long as I pay attention. All this week, I used less than 40 points. This is more a technical formality than anything else. But I am hoping to be a little more consistent. I removed my Kimkins onslaught this week sticky note. While I hope to lose 3.6 pounds this week to earn three 5 pound stickers in a row, I don't know that I am interested in doing. I am inspired by the hope that helps inspire me to do better and be better.

    Looking Forward:
    • Stay on program with Weight Watchers.
    • Stay on track with low carb / low fat food selection.
    • Keep on track with swimming laps. Get on track not that I'm starting to use exercise machines. I must pay attention to physical responses of my body so that I take care of my body.
    • Success is handling current stresses. Need keep working on the food habits that will handle greater stresses.

    IVCUFI:
    I have found the way (IV) this week but at times it was difficult. I knew what to select for my strict Kimkins regiment, but I was tempted to stray into less friendly but still Weight Watchers approved areas. And I made my way past the temptations.

    I have seized the road (CU) by sticking to my choices and making them work. I couldn't have predicted 4.6 pounds weight loss, but I have accomplished what I set out to do.

    I am enjoying the journey (FI) a little less with all of the pain I am feeling. Still reeling from from the exercise machine / swimming laps combination one-two punch of yesterday. And I wasn't able to celebrate as enthusiastically as I would have liked. But to borrow a quote heard several times in Weight Watchers, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." And that will make this journey memorable. And there is nothing that has quite the same enjoyment as retelling the tale.


    Post Number: 64
    Review of Yesterday's Progress
         Daily Points Left: 47 of 71 (Goal: 21)
         Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
         Pedometer Reading: 634 (Which begs the question: Huh?!?!? I suspect unintentional pause then unpause)
         Meetings Attended: Weight Watchers
         Exercise Completed: None Scheduled

    This last week has me excited. If I can eat the way I did last week, I may be able to hit three 5 pound stars in a row. New goal for this week: 3.6 lbs. But while this is an interest, it it not a goal. I am not working with the intense diligence necessary to hold to the strict Kimkins food selection. I say this because I have a record of the work of the last 16 classes. As I look at it, I remember so much. I remember the joyful start, the heart-breaking failure where I reached more than I started at. I remember the push to overcome the reversal that succeeded. And I remember the spirit-draining second reversal that brought me back to the beginning. And then I remember the diligent and vigilant dreaming that led me to this inspirational opportunity to review the past as a measure of the path forward. That review of the past is right here:



    While I am reviewing yesterday's efforts, I couldn't help also reviewing my past based on the date of December 7. This date is of historical importance as the day Pearl Harbor was attacked. This date is of family importance as my Grandfather's birthday. This is also a date of personal importance. MBWM was pregnant with Asian Red Fox. We were asked when we would like to have MBWM induced because she was overdue. I jumped on December 7. MBWM didn't like the idea. She picked a few days later. This worked out because the maternity wing didn't have any openings for a voluntary birth. MBWM was induced and Asian Red Fox was born.

    I am grateful to be heading into the time of the year where I can celebrate Asian Red Fox's birthday in a few days. I miss Horse, so I will have to splurge on Asian Red Fox.

    Yours in the inspired joy of remembering the work that led to success,

    Eliot

    P.S.: Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. - Doug Larson


    NOTES
    Weight Watchers, December 7, 2013
    What success over Thanksgiving are you proud of?

    • Met new friends - focused on friends, not food
    • Bought candy I couldn't resist, worked it into the program
    • Why do I like a particular food? If it's worth it, use the points. Or use the points for something I like more
    • Looking for ways to get through the holidays
    • Feels good to be in control during the holidays
    Set up spaces for routines
    • Food temptations are everywhere
    • Surrounded by aromas
    • Get busy, forget to eat, then make snap decisions and choose poorly
    • Get in three meals a day plus a healthy snack
    • Take what was successful over Thanksgiving. Use over Christmas and New Years
    Healthy Snacks (versus treats) that are portable {Power Foods are highlighted}
    • Atkins snack bars (3-5 points)
    • Banana
    • Apples
    • Pretzels
    • Popcorn (94% fat-free)
    • Rice Cakes
    • Caramel Rice Cakes
    • Lean Deli Turkey
    • String Cheese (fat free string cheese)
    • Nuts
    • Boiled egg
    • Grapes
    • 100 calorie packs (such as Fiber One)
      • Brownie
      • Lemon Bar
    • Cocoa dusted almonds
    • Sugar-free Gelatin
    • Carrots
    • Pop Chips
    • Baked Lays
    • Low Fat Pringles
    • Smoothie
    • Watermelon
    • Canteloupe
    We think of treats as rewards or unhealthy snacks. To one person, an item (say cocoa dusted almonds) maybe a healthy snack. To another person, it is a treat that you might not be able to eat in moderation.

    Characteristics of Healthy Snacks
    • Higher in
      • Air
      • Water
      • Protein
      • Fiber
    • Lower in sugar
    • Lower in fat
    • Needs to be what helps you succeed
    Examples from the list
    • Air --> popcorn, rice cakes
    • Treats --> brownie, lemon bar
    Total Weight Loss of the Group - 12.6 pounds
    My Weight Loss - 4.6 pounds
    I lost 36.5% of the groups weight loss

    No comments:

    Post a Comment