Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Busy Is As Busy Does

Post Number: 94
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Used/Left: 27/44 of 71 (Goal: 26/45)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 6696
     Meetings Attended: Overeaters Anonymous
     Exercise Completed:
          Recumbent Elliptical Machine
          7 1/2 minutes & 0.51 miles @  2.5 resistance (started w/ 3.0)
     M-W's Daily Word: Fraught

Yesterday was a very full day. And thanks to being busy, I managed to finally hit for the first time this week within the 24-28 PPV range I set for myself. I ate a dollar burger (7 PPV) and purchased some prepared fajita chicken (6 PPV). Include one hot dog for dinner (5 PPV) and there's 18 of the points right there. It feels good to hit in that range. My stomach wasn't feeling its best, but a good night's sleep remedied that.

What I need to remedy next is the weakness at the elliptical. I started out at a resistance of 3.0, but had to lower it to 2.5. And after half a mile, my muscles were screaming. I may have to try out several of the machines around the floor to find one I am better suited to. I have to find one that allows me to work up a sweat, doesn't kill my knees, and doesn't burn out my leg muscles as quickly as the SciFit does. The standard bicycle is out. That just made my life painful. I thought about trying them out yesterday, but I had a very full day. A day that included a stop at my health care provider to pay my first premium.

I ha thought my experiences with the ACA website would bring the frustratingly humorous series of events to an end. Prior to leaving the job fair, I called my provider wanting to pay my premium in person. I received all of the info I needed and headed off. When I arrived, there was a wonderfully polite security guard serving customers. I'm afraid he didn't fill me with confidence. He knew how to run the debit card machine. But he wasn't sure how to look up how much I owed. And he pushed the button to obtain a second printout of the receipt from the debit card machine. And then he stapled that receipt to a page from a memo pad with my information on it. For a nation-wide company, I'm quite sure that there could have been a more professional process for making in-person payments. Fortunately, this was all after the job fair so I didn't have any distractions at the job fair.

The job fair didn't really accomplish much yesterday. But I have a list of contacts that I can use for back up in the next week or two for positions like Xerox technician, call center positions for CentruyLink and T-Mobile, workforce solutions like ExpressPros and things like that. I am more interested in the immediate prospects located in the newspaper and continuing through on my networking but I don't want to lose those potential leads from the job fair either.

And right now, I need to lead myself out the door and off to the pool at the Y,

Eliot

P.S.: "Trust your hunches. They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level." Dr. Joyce Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment