Monday, January 13, 2014

Cutting Backtracking Short

Post Number: 99 <--- One post away from 100!
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 23/48 of 71 (Goal: 26/45)
     Pedometer Reading: 0 Misplaced until 5 pm. Didn't put it on after.
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: None Scheduled
     M-W's Daily Word: Belfry

A.S.: Is a short backtrack a batra? backtr? acktrack? ack?

Yesterday was a good day. I gave myself permission to have two pieces of pizza the night before, one small, one large. Actually, I cut them into four pieces from the twelfths we usually cut. I savored those four slivers of pizza. They wracked up 13 points quickly. I had plenty to spare. But more importantly, it was a digression from the low carb / low fat foods (hereafter LCLF) I have been selecting preferentially. This pizza was neither. I learned from this that I can enjoy a small amount of pizza. I learned from that small amount of pizza that I can feel physically satiated. I learned that pizza triggers my hedonic hunger; I wanted more. I also learned that while MBWM may not know how best to provide spontaneous assistance, she jumps right into action when prompted. The remnants of the pizza ended up in front of me. I said, I had better move this or I'll be tempted to eat another one. And zip, she had it several feet beyond my reach. I wish I hadn't blinked. I've never seen pizza approach the speed of light.

Those carbs in the pizza weren't the only carbs asking for attention. I was doing well getting back onto the LCLF track first thing yesterday morning. But right after church, a few crackers, a couple potato chips, and a vanilla wafer tried to insult me. I ignored them. But then they insulted my wife. I insulted them back enough to injure their pride. They then physically attacked me. I defended myself by eating them. Of course, they had the last laugh as they are basically pure carbohydrates. I was back on track by dinner. I do wish I had eaten more vegetables than the several cucumber spears I ate over the course of the day. But these minor, temporary set backs mean nothing. I did backtrack, but I was back on track by the end of last night. I am back on track this morning. I will be stay back on track again today. And more important than what I ate, is the fact that I counted the points. I probably entered more points into my tracker than they actually were when it came to the heavy carb foods, but I entered them.

And as I enter today, I am off to an interview with Hastings for a manager's position in the early evening. I have to get my resume looking professional, highlighting my sales and managerial experience. And that is my primary concern. Which will mean that my previously scheduled visit with my mom will be cut short. I hate to do it, but it must needs be done. I may even postpone the visit, depending on how well the resume building from my various resume templates goes this morning.

And with that, I am off to the realm of refining and tailoring for the purpose of good printed impressions.

Yours in the hopes of a better financial tomorrow based on the work of today,

Eliot

P.S.: Who ever said, "Easy like Sunday morning," never had to get a toddler ready for church.

P.P.S.: Always insistently insert "on" when you backtrack so you will be back on track. Not mantra quality prose or likely to be shared on Facebook, but it certainly is appropriate for today.

P.P.P.S.: If you fear Friday the 13th, how do you feel about Monday the 13th? What's the proper salutation for today? Is it, "Happy Monday the 13th"? Is it, "Safe Monday the 13th"? How about, "Duck!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment