Friday, January 10, 2014

I Know I Worked the Day Away, But Where Are the Results?

Post Number: 96
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Used/Left: 28/43 of 71 (Goal: 26/45)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 3609
     Meetings Attended: Missed Overeaters Anonymous
     Exercise Completed: None
     M-W's Daily Word: Nonchalant

With the broken bed, resumes, networking for consultation positions, and networking for traditional employment as the biggest concerns of the day yesterday, I chose subconsciously to rely on my phone to help me out with scheduling. Normally, that is a good thing. But Windows Phone 7 has a bug in their calendar. Recurring appointments, such as Iguana's scout meeting or OA, will not give off a reminder pop-up plus tone when the bug is active. There are simple steps to push the bug back into its cage. But there is no way to squash the bug. There is so much I like about the Nokia / Windows combination. But this bug and the fact that I cannot get at many popular apps, such as the Weight Watcher eTools and C-2-5K, have been enough of a thorn in my side that I may be switching to another phone OS once I have an income and recover from the financial hole this unemployment will put me in.

MBWM's body put her in a place where she needed to be down to recuperate yesterday, I did the running. Fortunately, only Asian Red Fox and Iguana had to be run anywhere. The only errand I had was picking up wood to shore up the bed. Unfortunately, I was so lost in networking into consultation positions and stressing over efforts in tailoring my resumes that I must submit tomorrow to be able to retain my semblance of sanity, that I was late coming and going to their appointments. This threw off my afternoon grove and I couldn't seem to get it back. And I didn't get anything to the point that I would call it completed. I stopped where I was, spent a few minutes troubleshooting an FTP client that was preventing me from uploading all my (rushed) work to my business website over the last couple weeks, published that web site, disappointed a home school group because I am unable to return to teaching them science, and then went back to fretting. Watch out, I am going to work in a M-W Word of the Day next: Since that lack of nonchalance was getting me on the fast train to no where by way of Tuskegee, I called it a night, a late night.

And now that today is here, it is the Y right now (precipitation moves in this afternoon as a rain/snow mix), resume submissions, and then a few minutes of relaxation. MBWM was laughing uproariously at some Studio C skits while I worked much too late into the night. I am just going to have to finally check them out and their good, clean humor. I will enjoy them once those resumes are completed. Networking will have to wait until tomorrow.

Yours in the happy work of health, the happy strain of re-employment, the happy sounds of the hearth, and the happy talk of marriage,


P.S.: For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work. - Doug Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment