Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Exhaustion is NOT as Exhaustion Does

Post Number: 109
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 23/48 of 71 (Goal: 28/43)
     Pedometer Reading: 4254
     Meetings Attended: Overeaters Anonymous
     Exercise Completed: Swam Laps at the Y (7 laps, 350 yards)
     M-W's Daily Word: Jaunty

I was pondering yesterday my post from two days before. It was a long description of my job search efforts. But I didn't mention anything about my weight loss efforts. And I believe I didn't mention anything because I was on autopilot for my food decisions. And this was a good thing. I made simple choices, put them into action, and moved on. I didn't weigh the consequences of my choices. I didn't compare and contrast the pleasure from the food versus the pleasure from the low point value. I went forward with the best choices I had made before. The exhaustion could have influenced my decision making process, but I didn't allow it to. The mental and organizational simplicity was a delight because so many of my decisions had been completed well before the time to enact them.

And with the extreme exhaustion of yesterday, I couldn't wait to get to bed. I enticed the kids into getting done with their evening chores by offering to let them watch a movie. They picked Despicable Me 2. I had hopes of passing out during the movie, but it didn't happen. It was a little too exciting for the kids for me to be able to get to sleep. I hadn't realized that some of them hadn't seen it yet. But it turned out okay because I passed out right after the movie. But 5:00 am came encumbered with exhaustion. Nearly as much as yesterday and being awoken at 3:00 am.

That exhaustion was alleviated a little with the spiritual boost at OA. It was a good meeting with several good shares.

Not much to share on the job search. I did get another lead. It turns out that Intermountain Gas was bought out by a company called Montana Dakota Utilities. A lady at the OA meeting said her husband was just hired on there and recommended I take a look. I did last night and wasn't able to find the position with multiple openings her husband had accepted, but there are others that have my attention.

Yours in the chance to live life in all of its aspects,

Eliot

P.S.:
When you were dating, the lyrics were, "'Cause breaking up is hard to do."
When you are a parent, the lyrics become "'Cause waking up is hard to do."
This may refer to the parent or the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment