Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Small Lists Need Big Attention

Post Number: 100 - The Century Mark!
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 28/43 of 71 (Goal: 26/45)
     Pedometer Reading: 7569
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: Missed swimming at the Y
     M-W's Daily Word: Word

There were only three tasks on my docket yesterday. Assist my Mom with her grocery shopping, complete the Hastings interview and application process, and get to the Y. Assisting my Mom went much more quickly than expected. The only snag was getting the kids out the door. Completing the Hastings application process took much more time than expected. The online portion was extensive with questions associated with work settings and personality situations. The online portion took nearly an hour. Part of that hour was the interruptions. Getting to the Y didn't happen. I had contemplated not assisting my Mom until today. I should have followed through on that. What's done is done. I will follow through on getting to the Y today.

Today I get back on track. Eating went well yesterday, although those late night carbs are still my greatest weakness. I nibbled off a small bit of donut hole and then gave the rest to Quail. I also tasted the Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sun Chips. It wasn't much, but it was probably enough to turn back the metabolic changes induced by LCLF foods. But that doesn't worry me. I hit my target max of 28 points, which has me thrilled. Now I need to follow through on the best food selection for this portion of my weight loss. And with that in mind, I am planning on getting the planning completed.

As a family, we started making lists of some of our favorite meals. This is on our way to making a two week menu plan. I'll be doing something similar for my menu planning, but I've been concentrating on the family meal plan first. I have been pushing our scheduling as hard as I can. We need to create it, learn it, and live it. All too soon, I will have a job. Family life while I am at work will be much happier for all concerned if schedules are a habit. We've done it before. We'll do it again.

I will also get a job again. I have to say that I felt my interview at Hastings went well. Their goal was to obtain as many interested parties as possible as they go through a management organization paradigm shift. The gentleman that interviewed me did most of the talking. That made my job even easier. He was impressed with my resume but not in the best direction. He said I was clearly overqualified for the position. I didn't tailor it to the manager's position quite well enough. We shall see if I get a call back. Then the real interview takes place. I enjoyed my chance to shine in this interview. I will shine in the next one, whether it is with Hastings or not.

Yours in the pursuit of the employment where I will shine,

Eliot

P.S.: During the menu planning session on Sunday, Asian Red Fox brought up the idea of her getting a smart phone. MBWM had this response -

No comments:

Post a Comment