Friday, January 31, 2014

Kid in Orbit and Exercising in Faith

Post Number: 118
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 23/48 of 71 (Goal: 28/43)
     Pedometer Reading: 7355
     Meetings Attended: Overeaters Anonymous
     Exercise Completed: At the Y -
          Recumbent Elliptical Machine
               15 minutes & 1.1 miles @ 2.0 resistance
          Swam Laps (7 laps, 350 yards)
     M-W's Daily Word: Aerie

Scripture study yesterday was held in my room so MBWM could stay in bed. After our cleaning up for the inspection, there was quite a bit of floor space available. This was achieved by consolidating the myriad boxes that were in various stages of sorting and unpacking. Asian Red Fox was laying on the floor in this open space. Quail, having slept well and started the day with excessive energy, started orbiting Asian Red Fox with great enthusiasm. Iguana said he stopped counting at 104 laps. Quail even added in "choo-choo" towards the end of his laps. We all had fun joining in encouraging him onward. Although even the most avid Quail supporter (no VP jokes, please) ran out of enthusiasm long before Quail ran out of energy.

And getting up at 5 in the morning is leaving me without energy through most of the afternoon and into the evening. Not sure what changes to make, but hopefully my waking hours will gradually sort themselves out. This is necessary so I'm not ready to pass out at 2 in the afternoon. Now watch, I'll get a job offer for a position that works afternoon / evenings again.

Job searching continued through numerous breaks in the action. The networking leads have diminished. So I have had to dig a little wider and deeper to locate people and positions. Not much to report this week, but there is definitely something out there for me. As I network, I use appropriate opportunities to build leads into my consulting services as well. When I get through this stage into the next stage of my financial evolution, I will be grateful for having been so diligent in keeping up with the diet and exercise.

Well, maybe not so much for the exercise. My muscles ache and are frequently much weaker that I expect. That I don't mind. It just takes adjustments in thinking and action. Right now my ankle knee joints hurt. That bothers me. I have to rely on those joints for quite some time. I need them to be available. I have faith that it will all pan out in the end.

Yours in the knowledge of lesser-weighted pleasures to come,

Eliot

P.S.:

No comments:

Post a Comment