Monday, January 27, 2014

Joie de Vivre - As an Energy Source

Post Number: 114
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 23/48 of 71 (Goal: 28/43)
     Pedometer Reading: 4791
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: None Scheduled
     M-W's Daily Word: Conflate

Sunday turned out to be a good day to be applying the joie de vivre of the last few days. Not sure why yesterday was difficult, but reviewing the past weight losses and planning for the future by researching meditation helped carry me through most of yesterday. In my research, I discovered a website I am looking forward to exploring further: National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM). They are a subset of the National Institutes of Health that runs my favorite website for general scientific research, PubMed. Research opportunities included, I know I am doing well in so many respects. And so many aspects of my life are in better shape than they have been in a long time. But something about yesterday really troubled me. I have so much support from so many people, that I truly feel blessed. And even those that are reading this provide implicit support because there are still so many page views every week. But in reviewing these negative feelings, I cannot but think there is some aspect of my life in need of additional adjustment that I am not currently seeing. Hopefully, prayer, journaling, blogging, working Step 4, meditation, and other spiritual assists will get me through the process of gaining the enlightenment I seek. Maybe, all I needed was a decent night's sleep. That wasn't last night. Quail was very intrusive last night. But I do feel better for having gotten some small measure of sleep and hit the Y.

Yours in the rebounds of seeking to lift life out of the doldrums and into an amiably cantankerous adventure,

Eliot

P.S.: In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment