Saturday, January 25, 2014

Five Days at the Y at 5 am. Done!

Post Number: 112
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 23/48 of 71 (Goal: 28/43)
     Pedometer Reading: 4723
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: Swam Laps at the Y (6 laps, 300 yards)
     M-W's Daily Word: Stymie

Exhausting day yesterday. As well it should be. For I can count as my achievements of yesterday:

  • Swimming for the 5th day in a row at 5 am. While I plodded along two days ago, yesterday, I pushed hard. I was unable to get past six laps. Six laps was painful enough.
  • Completing two applications: an exciting one as a project manager and another exciting one as a lab supervisor.
  • Starting a third application that should be easily finished today.
  • Getting my desk cleaned and organized. It was buried in a mix of items from moving and daily living.
And for those achievements and the ongoing successes of picking the right PPV foods, I patted myself on the back. That tapped my remaining reserves of energy completely and sent me towards my bed. Except that dinner hadn't been made. Executives decisions needed to be made. Cold cereal for dinner. Dish types were assigned to the oldest three to get into the dishwasher with Asian Red Fox starting it. And then it was a night.

I wanted to record a few of my observations and conclusions concerning swimming at the Y by getting up at 5 am for later comparisons. 
  • Getting up at 5 am became more difficult over the course of the week. That being said, I need to compensate accordingly in the evenings if I am too continue this pattern next week. That decision will be brought up in Executive Council on Sunday.
  • The busiest days were Tuesday and Thursdays. The lanes were not available in the main pool on those days. This was due to swim practice. There was a reduced swim practice on Friday. The reduction was enough that lanes were open in the main pool. Since I was using the instruction pool, it didn't really matter at this time. But I am thinking of switching back in a couple weeks to compare temperatures versus level of muscular exhaustion.
  • The hardest days to get a parking spot were Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I presume this is due to swim practices as well. Parking becomes much simpler a little after 6 am. This may influence the discussion concerning continuing this practice in Executive Council.
  • I swam all week in the instruction pool, which is much warmer. It may be that the this aided my exhaustion. It's difficult to discern the influence the change in the temperature has with the many changes in my life going on right now.
  • The downstairs family locker room has been rather busy because the upstairs adult locker room is being renovated. This has made getting a locker rather difficult. The renovation is expected to be completed in early February. I look forward to the reduction in traffic. I hope they renovate the aquatics locker room. It is the most in need of attention.
My attention is mostly on heading off to Weight Watchers. I am quite sure I lost the 0.6 pounds to be able to get past the 15% loss of weight. And I am hoping I lost close to the 5.8 pounds to make the next two goals easily attainable in the next week. We shall see.

Yours in the anticipation of today because of the efforts of this last week,

Eliot

P.S.: Enjoy this philosophical rendering of color: Jason Silva on Color

No comments:

Post a Comment