Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Riding Through the Turmoil

Post Number: 101 {First of the next 100 posts}
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 30/41 of 71 (Goal: 26/45)
     Pedometer Reading: 5098 (paused)
     Meetings Attended: Overeaters Anonymous
     Exercise Completed:
          Recumbent Elliptical Machine
          20 minutes & 1.1 miles @  2.5 resistance
     M-W's Daily Word: Chinoiserie

Tough day yesterday. Lots of turmoil yesterday initiated by a "Swiss cheese" night. Quail aggressively kept us up two nights ago. I ate the most I've eaten in a long time. And it didn't feel good, physically or emotionally. Most of that internal ill will came from what I ate rather than how much I ate. The turmoil continued to simmer throughout the day. It is tough being pulled in several direction. Finding a job is a job. Chasing a dream is a job. Fulfilling my responsibilities to those around me and myself is a job.

But I am doing everything I can within the limits of my strength, time, and fortitude. I made it to the Y yesterday to use the SciFit elliptical. I decided to go for an increase in time rather than pushing for the maximum distance in the shortest amount of time. It felt more painful when getting off the machine than the last time. But I felt better about the amount of time I spent working out. This is especially true given the fact that it takes 2 hours of time, from walking out of the house to walking back in, of which only 20 minutes is actually at the machine.

And this morning, at 5:20 am, as the siren song of my bed beckons my exhaustion into the attractive repose of sleep, I head to the Y to swim laps. Today will be a day to recover from yesterday and prepare for tomorrow.

Yours in the knowledge of the rewards of "honor, power, place, and praise" that "comes in time to the one that says,"

Eliot

P.S.: You gotta face the clouds to find the silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment