Saturday, January 4, 2014

Oh, I Believe in Yesterday

Post Number: 90
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily Points Left: 46 of 71 (Goal: 31)
     Weekly Points Left: 49 of 49 (Goal: 49)
     Pedometer Reading: 857 (paused)
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: Missed swimming at the Y
     M-W's Daily Word: Mimesis

I have to believe in yesterday. That is what drives the post of today.

I awoke yesterday briefly stressed about the sudden increase in debt as described two days ago. But then I put it out of my mind. There was enough on my plate yesterday that needed attention that I wouldn't have the time or resources for stressing over it. The original game plan was that MBWM would head out to the grocery store at the crack of dawn while I watched the kids. Then I would head to the Y, with or without the kids had not yet been decided. But one thing led to another, and the next thing I knew, our company for dinner had arrived. Prep for dinner had been easy, salad and pizza. MBWM had bought the dough so the toppings were the only work. I knew I would enjoy the food and cringe when calculating the points. I made an old favorite for my dinner. Using a thin slice of ham as a substitute for the pizza crust, I made a low carb pizza. I didn't add any meats as toppings. The crust was meat enough. Having to calculate the points from the meat, cheese, and sauce meant I selected zero point vegetables for toppings plus olives.

The primary lessons I leaned from yesterday are:
  1. When there is a wide variety of food items to prepare, stick to nibbling on the veggies
  2. When nibbling on these food items, calculating points as I went slowed me down
  3. A high point day can still be a success. Success in staying under daily points. Success in food choices. Success in sticking to not eating after 9 pm.
  4. When I say I am going to head out first thing in the morning to head to the Y and then delay, about half the time, I don't make it that day.
  5. Writing cohesive, coherent sentences is difficult with very little sleep. Friends don't let friends stay up and blog.
It was a wonderful night but it ended at nearly 2 am. One of the highlights in the wee hours of the morning was being pulled over while taking my brother-in-law home. His wife left early to care for a kid at home. I was tagged doing 32 in a 25. As the deputy put it, "Not the crime of the year." But the expired registration is what really caught his attention. I know where I will be Monday morning. I tried to renew online but I didn't have the code from the mailed reminder. And if I'm not mistaken, my other car's registration expired in December. Some times I feel the like Dicker character in The Incredibles. After Bob Parr, the mild mannered identity of Mr. Incredible, throws his boss through several walls as an expression of frustration, the government cleans up the consequences with Mr. Dicker complaining, "Money, money, money, money, money. We can't keep doing this, Bob!" Yes, I cannot keep doing this.

I have to keep striving to keep up in my exercise. I may not have managed to make it to the Y yesterday, but I am feeling worn out. The combination of the mental exhaustion from a lack of sleep and physical exhaustion extending from exercise two days ago into today is making me wonder at my ability to get through today. It would be nice to be able to hide away in my room, but today is a good day to network since my current contact information for my currently active leads is home phone numbers. I will be taking a nap prior to making calls. I don't want my semi-coherent thoughts ruining my networking calls.

I am curious as to how busy this morning will be at Weight Watchers. I do hope we get there early enough for decent seats. And I look forward to that negative weight change. No idea what to predict, I just want it to be negative.

Exhausted-ly yours,

Eliot

P.S.: Having the desire of looking to the past to plan for the future is a healthy attitude. So says Dr. Kristine Anthis in her article You: A Retrospective.

No comments:

Post a Comment