Monday, February 3, 2014

Days Off Can Still Be Tiring

Post Number: 121
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 25/46 of 71 (Goal: 28/43)
     Pedometer Reading: 2930
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: None Scheduled
     M-W's Word of the DaySimpatico

Yesterday was an exciting day. MBWM went out of town to a family function. I took the kids off to church by myself. It was truly a Dad entrance. One girl with her hair unbrushed. No diaper bag. And enough rambunctious energy to keep a gym full of cats scrambling for cover. But I pulled it off. And I have the exhaustion to prove it.

Eating yesterday went quite well. The problem with yesterday was that I was much hungrier than usual. I am grateful that spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, and green onions are all zero PPV in Weight Watchers. I only had a four PPV left for the day by about 3 pm. Dinner was a salad veggies plus 1 PPV in salad dressing and 1 PPV in ham. Not as low carb as I would have liked, but that didn't matter as much as my hunger and coming in under my personal PPV limit. Hopefully, this was a passing event and it will be easy to satiate myself today.

Off to the Y. I want to try different machines. There is a machine that is a bicycle machine for the arms. There is a more intense recumbent elliptical that I haven't been able to get to work for me. There is a rowing type machine that I am curious to see the effect on my knees and ankles. And I need to figure these things out now while I still can. I am not sure that I will be going to the Y or any other gym soon. That will take research, meditation, and discussion.

Yours in the joys of a good week behind and a better week ahead,

Eliot

P.S.: This week will be a series of pictures that I found while cleaning out my smart phone.



MBWM reminded me of a similar saying that she heard this weekend.

When you pray to God to calm the storm, sometimes he calms the storm. Sometimes he calms you.

P.P.S.: I couldn't resist this punny picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment