Monday, February 10, 2014

Rest and Respite

Post Number: 128
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 5/64 of 69 (Goal: 28/41) {Completed fasting}
     Pedometer Reading: 3806
     Meetings Attended: None Scheduled
     Exercise Completed: None Scheduled
     M-W's Word of the DayAnodyne

The night leading into yesterday was a major Swiss cheese night (full of holes). There were issues (Quail waking up among them) and ailments (muscle cramps for starters) that made for a difficult night. I was grateful to start my day of (physical) rest. My chest muscles were hurting the worst they have hurt since using the Overhead Press Machine two days previously. My legs muscles (inner thigh and shin) were cramping up. And my ankle and knee joints were screaming even before I put any weight on them. It was going to be a good day to focus on those things spiritual.

The spiritual kick off started with our bishop opening up the service with the following joke:
I want all of you to put your hand over your heart, rock back and forth, and look at a light. Now I've touched your heart, my words have moved you, and you've seen the light. My job here is done. We can go home.
All in all, it was a wonderful sabbath worship and I was filled with the gratitude that accompanies the blessings of gathering to worship. The cares of yesterday and tomorrow are exactly that; worries of another day. Today, my family takes center stage more than any other as we sit in council to adjust, plan, and discuss those things that will be most important to the growth and success of our family.

And so I took to my bed for the rest I seek. I look to my faith for the respite I need.

Yours in the journey of today,

Eliot

P.S.: Jaguar asked if she could make breakfast yesterday morning. I provided my permission. The menu showed Creamy Wheat. She asked me, "How much wheat fajita goes into the recipe?"

No comments:

Post a Comment