Thursday, February 27, 2014

And Therein Lies the Work...

Post Number: 145
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 34/35 of 69 (Goal: 30/39)
     Pedometer Reading: - {Pedometer clip broken}
     Meetings Attended: Weight Watchers
     Exercise Completed: At the Y -
          Recumbent Elliptical Machine
               20 minutes & 3.13 miles @  Level 8
          Swam Laps (10 laps, 500 yards)
     M-W's Word of the DayZeitgeber

Looking back at just this week so far:
  • BLTN's Up
  • ETNTM's Down
  • Total PPV Up
  • Exercise Up
One of these things is not like the other. One of these just doesn't belong. Can you find the one that's not like the others, before  I finish my song?

Okay, trick question. Only one of them actually belongs. There are three that don't. And therein lies the work.

I know the PPV of 30 is the value I self-selected. As it is, there is more to getting the weight loss right than getting close to that number. What concerns me is the quality of the food, not the quantity. This is especially disconcerting when events occurs like discovering that a vanilla wafers, when removed from an accidental dunk in butter, taste pretty good. Intellectually, I was going, "Ick." But not wanting to waste the cookie, I ate it. And, yes, I had one intentional repeat of the experience. After that, I had four more plain vanilla wafers. I found the butter-free delectable treat quite satisfying. It's rare the butter is around, butter being an ingredient cheesecake crust for Horse's upcoming bridal shower. With these things in the house and my tenacity is sticking to good food selections having left the building, I need to work to be physically elsewhere. In this case, ensconcing myself in my job search at the computer.

But now it's time to head off into more temptations. Today is my mother's birthday. And she wants to head to Pastry Perfection to let the family pick out treats. I won't have any trouble not picking anything out for me. Where the difficulty arises, is not nibbling off of the kids' treats. This was demonstrated to me yesterday when Asian Red Fox and I were on the way home from her seminary class. A substitute teacher has handed out chips and candy. And I nibbled on a little of each.

My concern here is that the little amounts of nibbling the wrong foods will turn into larger amounts of eating entire portions of the completely wrong foods. But I will worry about this more later. It's time to alter the kids energy level and get the morning chores done. We need to get to their grandmother's place.

Yours in the journey over the asphalt and through the concrete jungle to Grandmother's house we go,

Eliot

P.S.: I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold: Service was joy. - Rabindranath Tagore

No comments:

Post a Comment