Wednesday, February 12, 2014

When Did 8 am Become the New Midnight?

Post Number: 130
Review of Yesterday's Progress
     Daily PPV Used/Left: 22/47 of 69 (Goal: 28/41)
     Pedometer Reading: 5668 (paused)
     Meetings Attended: Overeaters Anonymous
     Exercise Completed:
     At the Y -
          Swam Laps (7 laps, 350 yards)
          Octane Recumbent Elliptical Machine
               16 minutes, 2.27 miles, level 7 (used arms and legs)
          Tread Mill, 7 min, 0.44 mi, incline 0.0, speed 2.3
     At Basque Museum -
          Directed the Family Chorus around the museum that included
          three buildings and two floors in each building
     M-W's Word of the DayDeracinate

Really rough day yesterday. Exhaustion from lack of sleep, muscular strain from working out, joint ache from long-term exercise, and other issues made for a tough start. And then to add in the field trip to the Basque Museum, I really know how to bring torture upon myself. I managed to pull through but I am including that event in my exercises. After all of the stairs and walking in and among three building, all while herding a group of kids eight and under through the tour, I definately put in the work. My well-being suffered for it. I couldn't wait to get in bed and bring this day to an end.

I have been bringing my swimming laps to an end this week because I have been having cramps in the arch of my foot on what then becomes the last lap. This is a new experience for me and makes me wonder what adjustments I need to be making to put this behind me.

I have put two chapters behind me by reaching Chapter 5 of Start Strong. Finish Strong. This means completing Chapter 3 and Chapter 4. Reading/Listening while on the Octane seated elliptical has made reading a little easier to accomplish. There is quite a bit of information that I will be meditating on and putting to work. And I've finally located the nod towards bigger problems that I've been looking for.
Of course, certain habits may be especially hard to form or break. As a result, there may be more of a tendency to relapse with certain behavioral changes than with others. If you're trying to quit smoking, drinking, or overeating, for example, you may find that unless you stay on a formal program, such as Alcoholics Anonymous or a clinic-run group dietary or antismkoing regimen, you'll slip back into the bad habit.
I am not sure how this will help for the long-term, but I am glad that there is small moment among the many pages that addressed the possibility of a bigger issue. Much of the book has me wondering who they are writing to, because while they address that there are obese, much of their writing seems to be directed more towards people that had some sort of working familiarity with exercise. I had a quote for this in mind but couldn't find it.

But I do need to find something. First, a better sleep schedule that doesn't keep exhaustion a common thread in my posts. As described in my title, 8 am frequently feels like midnight. Second, a better exercise program that leaves me interested (nearly excited) in going and working out instead of dreading the pain that will continue another common thread in these posts. Third, the long-term connection that will make this weight loss a long term success. Fourth, time to read my job search books to be better able to land a job.

But right now, I am going to find my way to the Y.

Yours in the joys of yesterday bolstering my through today,

Eliot

P.S.: I'm not a control freak. I'm a control enthusiast.

No comments:

Post a Comment